Monday, June 25, 2012

For Brielle, with love

A long, long time ago, I spotted this bedding on Anthropologie.com. That photo with all the chalk board, yeah, LOVE IT. Cut to about nine months ago, one of my bestest friends had a baby girl. I picked out one of my favourite fabric lines & got to work. Then I stopped when my quilt top was almost finished....you know how it goes. The newborn is now closer to being a one year old! (Ouch, sorry to the baby mama, but it's true...) (Also, look away if you want to see it in person first)

Here she is.

Aviary 2 for Brielle


And the back, with a little bit of hexie love there in the middle...
[Bringing] Hexie Back

Quilt Stats
Fabric: Aviary 2 by Joel Dewberry
    Kona Charcoal, Eggplant, Artichoke, Violet & Aloe
Size: 45 x 45"
Pattern & Quilting: Me, wingin' it.

 
Sew Happy Geek

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Charlotte. Wow. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful quilt! Love Aviary 2 and you've done such a fab job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful!! love the colors and the little hexie on the back is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! This is amazing! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you will see this even though the post is an old one: I just wanted to say this quilt is beautiful, and thanks for posting it! I am getting ready to make a quilt for my daughter and was deciding between the Aviary 2 and the Heirloom prints, so it was so helpful to see how all the Aviary 2 fabrics look together. Now I can't wait for my fabrics to arrive!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment :). Sorry, I am getting spammed & had to turn on the word verification for now.