Friday, March 16, 2012

A little of this & that + Liebster

Hello Friday, how did you get here so fast?
I am in a bit of a slump. Been getting little things done such as getting binding ready, ironing my latest fabric purchases & emptying the sewing room garbage. Yeah, I am *really* reaching with that last one.

Here's the last real thing I accomplished, 'Scallops' from curves class.

Scallop top complete


I also made up a pair of potholders, gifted to one of my sisters for her birthday.

Potholder set

Jenny from Jenny Makes Stuff awarded me the Liebster Award!
The Award goes to a deserving blog that has less than 200 followers.



There are actually quite a few small blogs that I follow & a lot of them have already been given this award recently. I hope I am picking blogs that haven't been recognised yet.

Kelsey Creates - I love the pillow she just posted for Pillow Talk Swap 7. Sweet kitties that look like mine always win me over too ;)

Breakfast for Dinner - I found Elena's blog back in October & was swooning over all the Nicey Jane I found there. She recently put together a rainbow swap (it's full now)

Married to a BMW - Jennifer's cute little cross-stitch desserts are adorable! I love the little shamrock for this month! She is also doing the Craftsy BOM ...her blocks remind me that I should get going on mine!

Two Hippos - I found this blog through the Flickr group for curves class. LOVE her ribbon star blocks from a few weeks back.

I am supposed to pick five blogs. The list in front of me has eight other blogs that I could have added as a fifth, if I had been quicker! One was just crossed off this morning...so I only have four.
The Liebster Award has been helping me find a lot of new blogs that I enjoy - I hope you check out the ones I mentioned here  :)


Bindings


5 comments:

  1. Those potholders are SO cute!! Love the polkadots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, those are courtesy of the polka dot charm swap I participated in, they came in very handy! My sister tells me that my niece (3ys old) takes out the potholders every night & can't wait to use them. That's always nice to hear :)

      Delete
  2. I love pink colors :)
    great post!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love the fabrics and colours in your scallops project! The potholders are cute too, I should really make myself some instead of using cheapo ones from the dollar store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, I don't have any potholders myself. I just use the oven mitts if I need them...not much of a cook here unfortunately! I should make myself some anyway, they should stay in pretty good shape!

      Delete

Thank you very much for your comment :). Sorry, I am getting spammed & had to turn on the word verification for now.