Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday, again.

It seems that lately, Monday is a good day to blog. I usually sew like crazy on the weekends & not so much during the week, so I guess that makes sense. This weekend didn't see me in my sewing room as much as usual, but I do have a few small things to show.

My curves class goodies!
bibs
A couple of bibs. Used the pattern for one & traced a bib I own for the other
Also finished my scallop bunting. I made my scallops a little smaller than the pattern & added more. It was my first time making biased binding & that was really not very enjoyable! I would do it again...but only if/when I have to! I will have to take another photo when the bunting finds it's permanent home in the playroom.

bunting

                         ******
It was my little sister's birthday yesterday. We are the same age for about a month! I made her a pot holder. She is into cooking (I am into eating her leftovers!) and often has the family over for dinner. I'm sure it will be used plenty :)
pot holder

Oh- my Moo business cards came in today! I usually get the minis but wanted to try the bigger (regular) sized cards. I just went with a pre designed graph paper image for the front. I can draw on them with my sharpie, which is sort of awesome! (That block is a bit sloppy...but I love the idea!) The back turned out okay. The colouring is off...but I can live with it. At least I got all my info correct!  Edit: Almost got it perfect. Missing a 'to' in my blurb at the bottom there. I knew I should have proof-read it 101 times! I'm sure I would have caught it that last time...
moo cards

Linking up to Manic Monday & Sew Modern Monday again! You know, cause it's Monday. Again.

Sew Happy Geek    {Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations

4 comments:

  1. Everything looks great! Love the bunting in particular. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you're doing the curves class! I *really* thought about it, but I have so much happening right now. I love the bunting, it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Moo cards! My favorite is the bibs. Those fabrics are really pretty and the snaps look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I love the bunting. I should have hopped on the Curves Class bandwagon :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment :). Sorry, I am getting spammed & had to turn on the word verification for now.