Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Show & Tell

It felt like I made more. In reality, the Christmas gifts I worked on for weeks only amounted to one quilt & five Keyka Lou wallets, one of which was for myself! I am happy with my finishes though, I am such a procrastinator - it really is something that there are finishes to speak of.

Here are a couple shots of all the pouches together. I added a strap to the one for my 3 year old niece as I think that will make it easier for her to carry around. The polka dot wallet is for my almost 10 yr old niece, there's a D-ring in case she would like a little wrist strap added. I don't have any clips on hand but need to order some more.

Christmas gifts, Keyka lou

Christmas gifts, keyka lou

The original two I had planned to make are for a couple of my sisters. I thought it might come in handy to have a basic sewing kit for things like loose buttons or a seam that has pulled apart. I am always here to help with that sort of thing, but I have ulterior motives! It would be so nice for someone else in the family to catch the sewing bug! You never know, right?!


The quilt I managed to finish up on Christmas Eve day is for my 4 month old nephew. The very first nephew on my side of the family! Not his first quilt though, < this quilt > was made by big sister Miranda before he made his appearance.
 I used the line "Alphabet Soup" because I love the cute little zoo animal prints & the fact that the rest of the line wasn't too busy. It is colourful though, which I knew my sister would like.

Christmas gifts, Miles' quilt HST back

I think Baby Miles likes it too! I forgot to measure it after all was said & done, but I believe it is around 50x50"

Christmas morning

2 comments:

  1. oh my I LOVE your quilt!! The bright colors and the bold pattern came out looking so nicely! I'm sure your nephew loves it!
    Thanks for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this from the post Sew Fresh Fabrics put on Facebook. I loved your wallet so much I HAD to buy the pattern. Can't wait to make one! Would you mind telling me which of the sizes you made? Small? Medium?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment :). Sorry, I am getting spammed & had to turn on the word verification for now.