Thursday, April 14, 2011

Bee Block Finished



A little while back, I received this cute little scrap bundle from sew fresh fabrics ... my mission, to make a 12.5" square block & mail it back. Once they have all the blocks, they will be pieced & quilted & sent away to this charity. The finished quilt will be given to a person suffering from ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease).

I wanted to get started on my block right away, but instead, I popped over to the flickr group showcasing the finished blocks from other participants. I immediately felt intimidated! Finally, I started cutting & sewing & ironing yesterday. After some worry that I was ruining all the scraps given to me, I kept going and.... I kind of like the finished product. That 'sleeping beauty' was an obvious choice for some fussy cutting & everything happened from there. Not the way i usually do things, but hey, it was only one block & I figured I couldn't mess up that badly. And I didn't...yay!

1 comment:

  1. i love what you did with this block! the piecing is great and really highlights all the lovely fabrics!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment :). Sorry, I am getting spammed & had to turn on the word verification for now.